Childcare Subsidy Guide by Loganholme Early Learning
The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) is the Australian Government’s primary way of extending help to families with child care expenses by making it more affordable. Providers like Loganholme Early Learning, approved by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment, are authorised to receive the Child Care Subsidy on behalf of families.
At Loganholme Early Learning, we understand that for most parents, the Child Care Subsidy requirements and application process can be daunting and get a little confusing. And being a parent, you’re probably too busy to go through the finer details of the subsidy as well. This is especially true if you are working and need to take care of all the necessary preparations for the upcoming school year.
Start Using Your CCS Benefits!
We want to help you benefit from the Child Care Subsidy, the way a lot of parents have been doing since it was first implemented in July 2018.
To help you navigate the Child Care Subsidy and check if you are eligible for this essential government assistance, Loganholme Early Learning put together this guide, which contains all the important details about it.
With this easy-to-understand guide, families will have the necessary tools and information available about the Child Care Subsidy. This way, parents will become more confident in their ability to support their children’s growth and early childhood education.
Below, we answer your most pressing questions about the CCS:
1. What is the Child Care Subsidy?
The Child Care Subsidy offered by the Australian Government is a form of financial assistance that’s intended to help minimise the cost of childcare for qualified parents. The subsidy includes outside-of-school-hours care fees, such as vacation or holiday care costs.
2. What are the CCS eligibility requirements?
To be eligible for the Child Care Subsidy, you need to meet certain requirements:
- You or your partner must be living in Australia and meet residency requirements.
- You or your partner are responsible for the care of your child for a minimum of 2 nights every fortnight, or provide 14% of the care your child receives.
- You or your partner shoulder the costs of childcare given by an approved service provider.
- Your child meets immunisation requirements.
- Your child must be 13 years old or under and not enrolled in secondary school, except in cases where an exemption applies.
- Your child is 14 to 18 years of age but has a disability and requires supervision.
- You are using an approved childcare service.
3. What is approved childcare?
The Australian Government has approved the following services to receive the Child Care Subsidy on your behalf to keep the costs of childcare lower for eligible families:
- Family day care
- In-home care
- Care outside school hours (includes before, after and vacation care)
- Centre-based day care (includes long day care and occasional care)
4. How much will families receive as CCS?
The CCS is not automatically provided, nor is it a fixed amount. This is why parents who wish to utilise the subsidy need to apply for it. Moreover, how much you are entitled to receive as subsidy will depend on your particular situation.
Your estimated family income will have an impact on the Child Care Subsidy percentage or amount your family will get from the government. Once your eligibility for CCS is established, your childcare provider will be issued the amount your family is entitled to directly.
To know how much you’ll pay after qualifying for CCS, just subtract your subsidy entitlement from the fee charged by the childcare provider. The difference is called the ‘gap fee’, the amount you’ll shoulder as your share of the childcare costs.
If you wish to get an estimate of your CCS, please visit the Centrelink Estimator page.
5. How do I apply for the CCS?
If you wish to apply for the CCS, just follow these steps:
- Go to MyGov. Fill in the information required in the CCS Assessment section.
- Wait for the Centrelink to notify you after your application has already been checked or approved. Together with this notification, you’ll also know the CCS subsidy amount you are entitled to.
- Once you receive application approval, double-check all information you provided about your child to ensure these are correct. Go over the personal data in your child’s childcare portal or system to ensure it is accurate and up to date.
- Verify your childcare service provider’s enrolment the moment your child attends their first session at the childcare facility.
- After information verification is finished at the CCS Centrelink, your CCS will be released before your childcare provider issues a statement.
Child Care Subsidy at Loganholme
You can use your CCS at Loganholme Early Learning Centre.
Here, we not only take care of your child’s well-being but also help make it easy to obtain your CCS.
If you need assistance with preparing the required information and documents for your CCS application, please get in touch with us.