Our Junior Kindy Studio cater for children aged from 2 years to 3 years of age. At Loganholme Early Learning, we are not just a early education and care service but we are our own little community that is here to support, care, and develop partnerships.
At Loganholme Early Learning we understand that the decision to send your child to an early education and care service at any age can be quiet overwhelming and daunting. However, rest assure that we completely understand from both a professional and personal level the uncertainty and feelings associated with commencing care at new centre. We want you to know that we are here with open hearts and arms to help support you and your child not matter how big or small.
We want to provide you and your child with a positive transition into our centre, this is where we aim to provide families and children with warm, responsive educators that will nurture your child and provide learning opportunities to help your child grow, develop and learn through play confidently in a safe, supportive learning space.
We believe in providing the children with consistency, warmth, compassion and a secure environment for them to feel confident in exploring and learning through play at our centre.
Loganholme Early Learning educators in the Junior Kindy Studio are fully attuned with the individual development, interests and needs of each child. Understanding each child’s individual personality, interests, development is the foundation of our program for our Junior Kindy Studio.
What does this look like in our Junior Kindy Studio?
- Sing songs, listen to music
- Describe things that the childcare can see and hear in their learning environment e.g. quiet, loud, small, big, green
- Providing opportunities for the children to solve everyday problems e.g. It’s sunny outside, what do we need to take when we go outside?
- Explore and understand different concepts such as ‘under’ and ‘over’ by creating obstacle courses
- Supporting children as they begin toilet training
- Promote and encourage creative play using objects with different intended purposes. E.g. cardboard boxes to create a cave.
- Providing opportunities for each child to develop their fine and gross motor skills
- Using group activities and experiences to promote turn taking and sharing skills